Scenic Bluffs Community Health Centers provide affordable, high-quality healthcare to patients. We offer a sliding-fee scale program, called the Healthy Neighbor Plan, that may reduce your cost for care. Depending on your household size and income, you may qualify. This is a completely confidential service provided to you by Scenic Bluffs Community Health Centers. All are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of this program:
- No credit check
- Can be used in addition to insurance
- Quick and easy to apply
- No charge to sign up
- Open to anyone
If you qualify, you will be eligible for reduced fees incurred at Scenic Bluffs Community Health Centers. These discounts are applied for most services in our dental, medical, behavioral health, acupuncture, massage therapy and chiropractic departments, as well as pharmacy (see pharmacist for more details).
Apply by filling out an application and submitting it with all of the required proof to process your application. It usually takes a few days to determine eligibility. You will be notified of your status via letter. Once you are approved coverage starts at your very next service. If you have insurance coverage, we will bill your insurance company first and apply the discount to the balance of your account after the insurance payment or denial has been received.
You will be responsible for updating your application on a yearly basis or as your income changes. You are required to pay each day you receive services.
Please make sure you have included all of these items when submitting your application:
- Fill out the application form completely
- Household - members considered a part of the household may include: Members of the guarantor’s household, other family members dependent on the guarantor for support, such as children the guarantor supports, but does not have physical custody of, significant others living with the guarantor, but not legally related, household members over the age of 18 must include the guarantor on the verbal communication document for financial information
- All reported members must use a single guarantor to be considered a household member and the guarantor agrees to be financially responsible for member’s healthcare balances
- Sign and date the application form
- Provide proof of income (any of the following):
- Latest IRS 1040 form
- 3 months of income pay stubs
- Bank statements showing income deposits
- Income includes: earnings, unemployment compensation, workers' compensation, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, public assistance, veterans' payments, survivor benefits, pension or retirement income, interest, dividends, rents, royalties, income from estates, trusts, educational assistance, alimony, child support, assistance from outside the household, and other miscellaneous sources.
- Provide proof of medical expenses (if applicable)
- Applicant can use deductions for medical, dental, hospital, prescriptions and medical insurance only if they are making regular/monthly payments on those bills. Special circumstances not identified above will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.