Need a Ride?
Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
Veyo is the state of Wisconsin’s non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) manager. Veyo provides rides to Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus covered health care appointments if you have no other way to get there. Our goal is to provide a safe and reliable transportation service.
Patients who are on Medicaid and most of the BadgerCare + programs (though not all) have the option of utilizing the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation provision to arrange for transportation to appointments through Veyo. Veyo provides rides to Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus covered health care appointments if you have no other way to get there. Transportation must be arranged through Veyo. Arrangements for transportation must be made at least two days out from the appointment, however, there is a provision for same-day appointments in cases of urgent care—these should be arranged at least three hours prior to the appointment time.
Scheduling a ride
To schedule a ride, call Veyo at 866-907-1493 at least two business days before your appointment. Members can also go to member.veyo.com for the online portal. If you call with less notice and the trip is not urgent, you may be asked to reschedule your visit. Two business days’ notice includes the day of the call but not the day of the appointment. Veyo is available for scheduling appointments Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Central Time (CT).
When you call, please have the following information:
- Your name, home address, and phone number
- Your ForwardHealth ID (ten-digit number listed on your ForwardHealth Card)
- The street address and the phone number where you want to be picked up
- The name, phone number, address, and ZIP code of the health care provider you are seeing
- The date and start time of your appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if you know it
- Any special ride needs, including if you need someone to ride with you
- General reason for the appointment (check-up, eye appointment, etc.)
For questions or more information, visit Veyo Wisconsin.