Updated March 24, 2020 at 10:55 AM
At Scenic Bluffs Community Health Centers, we continue to monitor to COVID-19 outbreak and provide our patients and community members with the most up-to-date information from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are following all state and federal recommendations and using the highest infection control standards to ensure all of our patients stay healthy.
With the pace of COVID-19 infection rising rapidly in Wisconsin, please take all steps available to reduce the rate of spread of COVID-19 cases, including the Governor’s order today to stay at home. We must do this to keep our health care system from becoming overwhelmed, and to protect both the public and essential health care workers who are necessary to take care of the critically ill. Staying home will allow essential health workers not subject to the order – including all those supporting and providing care in hospitals, clinics, health centers, nursing homes and long-term care facilities – to continue helping our hospitalized patients and the frail elderly.
We urge Wisconsin citizens to follow the Governor’s order – it is now the best thing the public can do help us get past this pandemic, help keep health care workers available and manage the precious resources they need to take care of patients and their own health.
To our patients and community:
We are taking the following steps to ensure the health and wellness of patients:
- As of Tuesday, March 24th, we will no longer be seeing massage therapy patients until further notice.
- As of Tuesday, March 24th, we will no longer be seeing routine dental hygiene patients until further notice. Emergency dental services will still be available. If you had an upcoming appointment, one of our Patient Care Coordinators will be reaching out with you to reschedule.
- All important,non-urgent medical appointments will be seen at our Norwalk Health Center. All routine, non-urgent appointments, such as annual wellness exams, will be rescheduled as needed.
- To reduce the number of patients entering the clinic, important, non-urgent medical lab follow-ups, result follow-ups or prescription refills can be sheduled with our medical department via phone. After their phone appointment, if the patient needs to come to the clinic, the provider will direct such.
- Our behavioral health department is available for appointments. If you are already established with the behavioral health department, you are now able to schedule appointments at home via phone. These are regular appointments and all applicable insurances will be billed. Our Healthy Neighbor Plan extends to all visits as well.
- If you have an upcoming appointment, you may receive a phone call prior to your appointment with respiratory illness screening questions.
- We are asking anyone experiencing active respiratory illnesses (fever, cough, shortness of breath) to please CALL the health center before coming in.
- Upon entering our facility, you will be screened for respiratory illness. If you are not comfortable being screened, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
- If you have an active cough or fever, you will be asked to wear a mask during your visit. Please do not enter our facility without a mask. If you need a mask, please call and we will bring a mask to your vehicle.
- When possible, we ask that you do not bring additional people to your appointments that do not need to be there.
Scenic Bluffs continues to follow guidelines from the CDC. Our primary goal is to keep our patients, community and staff safe and healthy.
For questions or concerns, please call Scenic Bluffs at 608-654-5100.